Wednesday, January 19, 2011

continuing on...1/19/11

Today (1/18/10) found me waking up at 0530 ready to go back to work! (NOT!) But I did manage to crawl out of bed, make a smoothie and rub a pork roast with my homemade jerk seasoning!  I am very excited to eat it tonight!! I am just serving it over brown rice.  I will post pics of our meal tomorrow!

This weekend I took step-by-step pics of my smoothie process!
Here they are:
 Smoothie: step 1: lemon wedge, water, flax seed oil, agave syrup!
 blending step 1!
 Smoothie: step 2: frozen greens! (they last longer)

 blending step 2!

 Smoothie: step 3: strawberries and blue berries added...blended!

 another happy family of smoothies!!

 Ada was waiting for hers! (this was Saturday morning)

 drinking...drinking...drinking...

 "Think I'll sit down for this one..." (hasn't stopped drinking)

 "Think I'll walk over here..." (still drinking!!)

 greens from bountiful basket ready to be prepped!

 being "green" and re-using my "greens" bags!!

 freezer full of greens! :)

Well, apparently there are no photos from the jerk pork roast! :( (surprise, surprise!)  Tonight (Wednesday) we had BBQ chicken; grilled by yours truly!  Along with that came grilled asparagus and a fruit salad put together by Lowell! 

Still continuing with my smoothie habit! :) My two friends at work are also keeping up with daily consumption! I have had two different tid bits of information: 1) "Freezing the greens really helps the smoothie blend better. (especially if you don't have an amazing blend tec or bosch)" 2) Adding plain brewed lipton tea adds another unique (and enjoyable) flavor that also helps smoothness!"(as well as giving that caffeine boost some may need)  So exciting to see others taking risks and making this their own!  Plus it's just fun to have others with you on any journey!!  Here are a few photos of tonight:

 Tonight's dinner: BBQ Chicken (used Phil's BBQ Sauce hand delivered from Cali!), fruit salad and  grilled asparagus!
 Ada thoroughly enjoying some pineapple from our bountiful basket!
 She may have a weird face, but she really liked the chicken too!
 Some butternut and acorn squash I steamed for Ada!
  I just HAD to add this!  Ada has taken to "reading" to herself!  She will open the book, "read", turn the pages, and IF she knows the picture say what it is! I've also seen her sign pictures she knows while "reading" to herself.  I wanted to catch her not looking, but I think she has a 6th sense about the camera!!

I am feeling like I want to start on the next month's step, but I know I can pace myself! I am thinking that if we do a veggie and a meat, I want to completely cut-out carbs and insert (always) a fruit or garden salad!  Tonight I ate a bunch, even some of Lowell's chicken, and I didn't feel heavy/full like I do when will have some sort of carbohydrate with dinner.  Here's to Health! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures of Ada moving around and laughing are sooo cute I can't even stand it! She loves her some smoothie! I think my mom is saving some of the Phil's BBQ sauce for me to try! I love that she is such an avid reader... I hope she still does that when I get there! I reuse my plastic baggies too!

    ReplyDelete