Monday, January 17, 2011

OKAY, OKAY!! 1/17/11

I am amazed at how many people are following my little thing!! I have all the last 6 days events (wow has it been that long?!?) in my head, so here they go for you!  My flaw, however, is that I remember I want to take pictures when I start my tasks (smoothie, meal prep), but then I find myself with a finished product and no photos!! :(  I think I may be into self-hypnosis!

I am going to try to do better!!

I have stuck to my daily smoothie consumption!! YAY!! However, last Friday, I made a little less sweet, and a little more green (on accident) but I still enjoyed it! (proud Kaysie?!?)  Lowell however requested I make them a bit sweeter next time! (tee hee)  Ada is still loving her smoothies!  I have also been adding a small (and I mean SMALL) amount of liquid Vit D to hers!

Dinner Menu for the last couple days:

Wednesday: Lowell had come home with some Alaskan Cod from Sprouts so I made baked Alaskan Cod, encrusted with parmesan cheese! It was pretty good.  A little dry because I get scared that the fish isn't all the way cooked.  But it still tasted good! We also had salad!

Thursday: Busy with tutoring and a bike ride and Lowell taking a nap and having to be  at signing practice, I ate a loaded baked potato - - green onion, cheese, sour cream, salt and butter!!

Friday: Cooked up some spicy Kielbasa and baked beans (for Lowell) in my new dutch oven.  The sweetness of the baked beans with the spiciness of the sausage was quite the combo! I loved it!

Saturday: Was date night!! We ate at Streets of NY Pizza (had a gift card from some parents): Lowell had a sub sandwich (on wheat) and I had a less healthy Garlic-Chicken Alfredo pizza.  I did enjoy some green tea with lemon for my drink.

Sunday: Tri-tip steak and grilled asparagus from my bountiful basket!!  DE-LI-CIOUS!!

Even though I have not been eating crazy healthy like I have the first couple weeks, I have maintained my reduced weight! I am remaining around 126-127 lbs! I have decided that will be my gauge for how things are.  130 lbs is my ideal weight, I believe. So to remain around that is a good measure that things are working!  Bike rides certainly help my energy level in the evening.

My new goal: TAKE PICTURES!!! I will do much better.  I am glad I have stuck with this...I guess I still have to post 21 times in a row for it to stick! (??)

Thanks for being supportive and following me and keeping me motivated!  We are just two weeks away from Step 2!!

PS- Lowell is into making the granola!! He made an amazing batch on Friday.  Ada loves it!! Unfortunately she loves it a little too much! She throws fits when we don't give her all she wants.  We have had to resort to time-out in the pack-n-play when she won't stop crying! :( However (!!) time-out is working! :)

I did take a few photos.  Here they are:

 Parmesan-Encrusted Baked Alaskan Cod (say that three times fast!!)
 Red-wine Vinaigrette dressing I made!
 I also made some cornbread!! 
 Good salad!
 Here's the fish! (it does look a little dry....) It did taste good!
Grilled Tri-tip and asparagus!! So yummy!!

More pics (hopefully) to come!! Here's to Health! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. The salad and red wine vinegar dressing look especially delicious! Tell Lowell kudos for getting the whole wheat bread. Give Ada lots of kisses for me! oh and PS... Miss Skinny Minny... I probably have 10 lbs on you lol!

    ReplyDelete