Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5: 1/5/11

Today was a good day! (except no bike ride) I got up at my usual hour and made my smoothies! Today I used cantaloupe and blue berries (no banana) and it still was good.  I put Ada and Lowell's in the fridge and vowed to drink mine before I got to school.  I notice I haven't been drinking much water when I try to drink my smoothie during the day and I can tell I am dehydrated. My smoothie was finished as I pulled in to the parking lot! Today I had two venti-sized cups of green tea w/ pomegranate and one school-sized milk!

Here are Ada and Lowell's smoothies!! All ready to be consumed!!  

Apparently Ada drank hers quite quickly this morning! In Lowell's attempt to glean whatever was left for more, she was practically begging, he just added water! Well Ada is too smart for that, and quickly realized this was not a true smoothie.  She cried so much that he put her down for a nap.  When she woke up he gave it to her and she drank it just fine! :) I guess naps do solve all problems! :p

When I got home today, Lowell and Ada were both still napping.  Instead of taking my usual bike ride, I decided to get some housework done.  I managed to clean the car, the kitchen and Ada's play area.  Then  I opened my belated Christmas gift from my mom! VERY EXCITING! Here are some pics! I can't wait to use these items:

 They are an ceramic apple pie pan and a cast-iron casserole dish!
 The pie pan has a recipe for apple pie and pie crust!
I am very excited about these red accents to my kitchen!

For dinner tonight I made rotini with meat sauce (organic - - made by my mom), garlic cheese bread, salad, and italian salad dressing.  I used a recipe from epicurious.com for the salad dressing.  I had some cibatta bread left from bountiful baskets that I had frozen.  It all turned out very well!  I think even Ada enjoyed some of it! Here are some photos:
 cibatta garlic-cheese bread


 Ada enjoying some rotini! (not gluten-free...but a little's okay)
Always a ham for the camera!! :p

And if dinner wasn't enough, Ada decided another smoothie was in order! She just can't get enough! :)

She didn't drink it all this time, but we'll save some for tomorrow! All in all a good day.  I can rest easy tonight! Here's to health! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Dinner looks delicious! And Ada LOVES that camera! or the food... or maybe both! I am going to have to show John this post to show him that if you start kids young with healthy foods they will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one healthy, happy baby! You are getting a lot done in a day!

    ReplyDelete