Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 2: 01/01/11

Last night we had a pretty healthy dinner: 100% grass fed beef ribeye steaks (on sale at sprouts!) that Lowell grilled (Lowell has an amazing process that I may share later; seasoned with just salt and pepper) as well as a salad with a balsamic vinegar/flaxseed oil dressing (some other seasonings thrown in) (PS- the garlic had sprouted...does that mean it was a live dressing?! LOL).  The dressing was great, as Lowell created it himself! (he's pretty good at that!)  The steak was so tender even though I had frozen it. (shock to both Lowell and I as we love to use fresh ingredients...learned from my favorite chef Gordon Ramsay)




This morning brought another smoothie!! I am fighting a cold and hoping that these smoothies push my recovery time up!  The smoothie this morning wasn't as thick and I am wondering if it's because I used the greens I had portioned and froze.  Either way, it tasted great and Ada enjoyed it again.  Took a little longer to drink it this morning, but she still had a smile on her face! I am enjoying mine from my new venti starbucks reusable cup I found in my stocking! ;)



Ada also enjoyed a breakfast of a gluten-free blue berry waffle and some sweet potato! I am feeling really motivated about all this and have been pleasantly surprised at the reaction/feedback I am getting...it only helps to spur me on!!

Lowell suggested trying some hemp protein and Tammy (Lowell's mom) suggested some flax seed, which I have.  I am looking forward to some interesting creations!! I have also cut up and froze some cantaloupe  as that was suggested in the green smoothie girl book as well! Here's to a future of health! Cheers! :)

8 comments:

  1. i think she just likes the camera! LOL what a ham! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darling! You don't know how I will be looking forward to these wonderful pictures every day! The steak and salad look absolutely amazing! We had some steak stew last night and it was pretty tough... maybe because it was pretty lean and wasn't cooked long enough. Love the starbucks cup also! Maybe I need to bring one back with me! I'll bet you'll get over your cold sooo fast! I've had a cold since about the first week of December :( I think it would have been sooo much shorter if I had some green smoothies and general healthier eating. Anyways... love you and look forward to your post manana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS... I don't see where I can sign up to receive email posts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I have some hemp seeds in my fridge.You can have some when we get together next. It is not the same as protein even though it is high in protein and good fats. They are great sprinkled on anything. Salads, granola.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Funny about the "living garlic". I do think it qualifies though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaysie: you should be able to subscribe at the bottom: there is a link under the comment box that says "subscribe by email" - - let me know if that doesn't work! :)

    ReplyDelete