Wednesday, January 26, 2011

busy...busy...busy 1/26/11

Well, we have had: lots of smoothies, some good meals and a sick baby! (mostly teething with a fever) :(  Also, no bike rides these past couple days.  The weather does seem to be warming up, so if Ada starts to get better I am headed out the door! :)

I have had a few more friends jump on the bandwagon!! I am very excited to be promoting such healthy habits!  I have seen some new smoothies and have even passed on Kaysie's granola recipe!!

I did have a break in my smoothie routine! :( We ran out of frozen fruit, so I did not have a smoothie this morning.  However, Lowell went to the store, we were out of milk too, and I am ready to go for tomorrow! (never out of greens I might add!)

I have discovered a new love of spicy kielbasa sausage and baked beans!! The sweetness of the beans mixed with the spiciness of the sausage is awesome!!  I also achieved a replica of a dish I saw made at the castle (yes, castle) I worked at in high school.  The dish is a teriyaki chicken with grilled pineapple and swiss cheese!! Lowell really liked it! I used my cast-iron grill pan and cooked it indoors! Step-by-step photos below: (also of the castle)

 chicken in a gluten-free teriyaki marinade - - tammy/kaysie it's what you guys had...
 i warmed up the grill pan in the oven and then put it on the stove...
 chicken almost done...
 grilling some fresh pineapple!
all done!! melted the cheese in the oven!

CD10616C27A.jpg

This is the castle I worked at all through high school!! It's a Tudor-style English castle.  It was built by the founder of Colorado Springs, General Palmer, for his wife.  It is absolutely amazing and the headquarters of The Navigators, the organization my father works for.  If you're curious about either, you may google them! :) Also, if you ever want a personal tour, I know (almost) all the ins and outs of the castle! It's a pretty amazing place and kept up well by all the dedicated volunteers.  It's a secret of Colorado Springs.  Not many who live there know it's even there!! If you ever visit it's a must-see!

I am still enjoying this health journey.  What I am most proud of is the maintenance of my weight! Still going strong under 130 lbs!  I have a few more photos to post.  Once February hits, there will be many step-by-step photos of my salad creations! (i may start early, getting antsy!) Here's to health! Cheers!

 Here is a picture of the spicy sausage and beans!! (not sure if this looks appetizing...but trust me it is!!) 
 Okay...seriously two seconds before, she was crying and miserable.....
 but we turn on the camera....
 and...
 she is ready to perform!!
 Here she is signing "berries." It's a new one we're trying...THANKS PATTY!
Still loving that smoothie!!

2 comments:

  1. OOPS!! The name of the castle is Glen Eyrie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that teriyaki chicken meal looks delish! I love that sauce! Its my favorite and also really good with salmon! Love that Ada is a ham for the camera!

    ReplyDelete