Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6: 1/6/11

Another day of no photos...BUT I did post some amazing photos of Ada using......you guessed it....A SPOON!!(on facebook that is) It was a very exciting moment at dinner this evening.  She has been grabbing for our forks, but Lowell was hesitant about giving it to her...something about poking her eye...who knows!  But when we gave her the baby spoon she began playing with it and then eventually it found it's way to her mouth! YAY! Next she grabbed for the bowl...and it was all down hill from there!

Today was another smoothie:Yes, bike ride: No (i figure i'll double up on saturday and sunday), but my smoothie was a lot more green than usual...just remembered I have a pic:

AND it still tasted great!! I am very proud of myself for drinking these 'borderline' green smoothies when before I needed so much fruit it was ridiculous! Here's the recipe I used today:

2 cups of water
1 1/4 of a lemon -- including the rind
4 tbsp of flax seed oil
1/4 C of agave syrup - - maybe a little less
- -  blended all together
greens:
spinach
red leaf lettuce
romaine lettuce
swiss chard
- -  blended all together
frozen cantaloup
frozen blue berries--probably 1/4 C today
- - blended together and enjoyed!

Dinner tonight wasn't especially healthy, but it was a favorite.  My Granny Rome's Chicken Divan!! It's delicious! Right before I moved to phoenix, I looked up all the recipes of the meals my mom made that I loved and copied them down in this little 3x5 card binder...all of those have now become my house-hold favorites....although some may not be the healthiest! I still refuse to use 'healthy' substitutes for ingredients...why ruin a good thing! :p  That's all for now! Here's to health! Cheers!

OH ALRIGHT....here are some pics:
 let's try this newfound contraption!
 i may like this....
 yeah...it's THAT good!
now...if we could just get the food out of the bowl....Ada is eating the Chicken Divan ...
WITH brown rice....yeah we jumped on that bandwagon...

No comments:

Post a Comment